Old February 6th 04, 09:03 PM
Cecil Moore

Mark Keith wrote:
Why the 3/4 wave example?

In order to illustrate higher current at the top of the coil than
at the bottom, of course.

You should be able to find a configuration that provides max current
at the top of the coil, if what you claim is true.

I just did in the 3/4WL example. One cannot get higher current at
the top of the coil in a 1/4WL electrically long antenna. For a
1/4WL antenna, the maximum current is at the feedpoint and tapers
down to the tip.

I want to see max current at the top of the coil in the SHORT
loaded 8ft mobile whip for 80m.

Well, good luck on that one. I think it's impossible. Blood out
of a turnip comes to mind. If you think I ever said or implied
that I could do that, you are as mistaken as you can possibly be.
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp