Old January 13th 04, 02:17 AM
Brian

"Dee D. Flint" wrote in message igy.com...
"Kim W5TIT" wrote in message
[snip]
'S 'bout time. Now, to all who have been participating in this debate,
WHICH style of post was it that got more noticed I had added my CALLSIGN

the list? It took you all (and actually it took only Mike because no one
else noticed) almost exactly 3 days to notice that the two posts were made
on the same day. One with (and first) and one without attributes. And, I
honestly ask: who really noticed one (attributes) or the other (no
attributes)? I'd almost bet a buck that even Jim wondered what in the

world
was in that post that was different, whether the attributes were there or
not. By the way, note that the post that was made somewhere around a

couple
of days ago...where I again submitted the list without attributes, note

that
in *that* post, my information appears at the top of the post (the "Kim
Walker said" stuff). Is anyone watching this stuff? Really?!

The entire point had been having my callsign *in the list* as a ham radio
operator. Jim complains that to Google or whatever, it looked like he had
posted something he had not said. A) the only thing he had not said was

my
callsign so who cares? B) What about someone who is casually looking at
those posts and completely disregards my submission because it *looks*

like
I don't have a callsign?

At any rate, I don't think attributes are as paid attention to as everyone
thinks...UNTIL they come up like this...

Kim W5TIT

I pay attention to every single attribute and immediately noticed the
difference in both posts. I elected not to get into the debate and kept my
opinions to myself. However since you seem to think people ignore the
attributes, I decided I must repond to dispel that notion. And as far as
I'm concerned, deliberately making the attribute appear to be something
other than it was happens to be wrong. Making errors in keeping attributes
in long threads happens and is excusable. Choosing to make an attribute
appear something else is not excusable.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE

So in the end, knowing the Code at 20 or even 35 WPM really doesn't
guarantee good character.

Thanks for the lesson in ethics, Jim.

73, Brian