Old February 7th 04, 12:10 AM
Stephen Cowell

"Tom Sevart" wrote in message

"ellisc" wrote in message
m...

1. What do I need to do/build the headphone connection? Can I put
something together using the car radio speaker wires?

You can use the speaker wires, however, the audio used to feed the

speakers
will be amplified, and will probably overdrive your headphones. You'll

need
to find a way to match the headphones to the speaker output.

This is easily done with a resistor divider... I'd put a load
for the speaker, too. This would look like an 8-ohm 20W
resistor (RatShak sells 'em) across the speaker leads, with
a 500ohm pot across that... your h-phones are tapped
from ground to the center wiper of the pot. Adjust for taste.
__
Steve
KI5YG
..