Old January 14th 04, 08:25 PM
Dee D. Flint

"Dwight Stewart" wrote in message
nk.net...

"Dee D. Flint" wrote:

But that is not the context in which you used
it. There is nothing in Part 97 authorizing us
to do public service. (snip)

Okay, lets try a different tact, Dee. If you use your radio for public
service, what types of public service are you authorized to do? What
frequencies are you authorized to use? What types of transmissions are you
authorized to make? What messages are you authorized to transmit? Are you
honestly going to say nothing to each of these questions?

Dwight Stewart (W5NET)

I can do any public service that I choose to do. I can use any frequencies
that I'm authorized to do. I can make any type of non-profit
communications. I can transmit any type of non-profit messages. These
rules apply to all ham radio activities. There are no special requirements
that apply to public service that are any different than the ham rules.

I am authorized to operate as an amateur radio operator. That is all that
is needed. How or if I perform public service is entirely up to me.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE