Old January 14th 04, 08:31 PM
Dee D. Flint

"Dwight Stewart" wrote in message
nk.net...

"Dee D. Flint" wrote:

There is no authorization from the FCC
required to do public service. (snip)

I give up, Dee. You simply cannot get past the word "required." Again,
there is no "required" associated with "mandate" or "authorization" in the
sense used.

I'm quite aware that authorization does not imply required. However there
is nothing in Part 97 that authorizes it either.

You have just demonstrated how little
you know about ARES and RACES.

I've said nothing in the message you replied to about ARES or RACES

other
than "the FCC has set rules on what is and isn't authorized in that
situation." Please explain how that demonstrates how little I know about
them?

Dwight Stewart (W5NET)

And I pointed out that Part 97 does not mention ARES at all and that RACES
is a very limited and specialized activity and is really the field of
general public service.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE