Old January 15th 04, 03:35 AM
Alun

"Dee D. Flint" wrote in
gy.com:

"Alun" wrote in message
"Dee D. Flint" wrote in
gy.com:

"Alun" wrote in message

I'm guessing that code CSCEs issued now will turn out to be good
until element 1 is abolished.

73 de Alun, N3KIP

Only if the code requirement is abolished in less than 365 days.
Keep in mind that some of the petitions filed do call for keeping
code for General or Extra while letting the Techs have some limited
HF privileges. With the speed with the FCC is not moving, less than
a year from now seems rather iffy.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE

Well, you'd like to think so, I'm sure.

Regardless of my wishes or your wishes, the government will take the
time that it deems appropriate. Having dealt with a few government
programs at times in my life, the snail's pace seems more typical than
the speeding bullet pace.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE

However, the code test was abolished by the ITU way back on July 5th last
year. More than one year from _now_ would be more than eighteen months,
which doesn't seem likely to me, nor is that fast by any stretch.

I am down for May 1st in the pool, which is only about 10 months. That
maybe a little short, but I would be very surprised indeed if it went over
15 months, which would be this November.

As I said, you would like to think it would take longer, but that is
because you don't want it to happen. Perhaps I have picked an earlier date
because I take the opposite view, but I doubt if I am out by more than a
few months.

73 de Alun, N3KIP