Old January 15th 04, 11:53 PM
Dee D. Flint

"Dwight Stewart" wrote in message
nk.net...
"Dee D. Flint" wrote:

Except that the FCC rules do not
grant any authority in anyway to do
public service nor do they establish
any requirement to do public
service. In any sense of the word
mandate, there is none in the FCC
Part 97.

Okay, now that you have accepted the authorization or approval sense of
the word, and have acknowledged 97.1 and the regs relating to RACES, go

back
to my original statement you objected to - "there is nothing in Part 95

that
mandates public service like that found in Part 97." Would you now agree
there is nothing in Part 95 relating to public service that is like that
found in Part 97?

Neither Part 97 or Part 95 mandates or authorizes public service. Part 97
however recognizes and encourages public service which Part 95 does not.
That was obvious from the beginning and I never challenged the fact that
Part 97 is altogether different than Part 95.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE