Old January 17th 04, 03:21 AM
Larry Roll K3LT

In article , Dave Heil
writes:

Actually, aside from a couple of Karjalainen brews in Helsinki in
October, my yearly beer intake is about four bottles. I mostly stick to
vodka or with Jack Daniels and branch water.

Dave K8MN

Dave:

OK, I give up -- what the Sam Hill is "branch water?" I heard it mentioned
a few times on the old TV program "Dallas," when J.R. Ewing used to order
a "bourbon and branch" at the Ahwl (Oil) Baron's Club. Is it water that
dripped off a tree branch during the rain, or did it come from a branch
tributary of some particular river, or what? Or is it just another way of
saying "Club Soda," as I suspect?

73 de Larry, K3LT