Old January 17th 04, 04:23 AM
Len Over 21

In article om, "Dee D.
Flint" writes:

I have many times in many forums objected to the phrase "it's just a hobby"
for this very reason.

Okay, it's "not" a hobby.

I strongly believe in public service. I strongly
believe that it is one of, but not the only, justification for our
existence.

Okay, the entire justification for amateur radio is "public service."

However if we are going to put so much emphasis on this
particular element we have to face the fact that we are very remiss
addressing the other elements listed under Basis and Purpose. But again a
justification to exist is neither a requirement nor an authorization.

Okay, so its back to just a hobby again...

Gosh, all this circle chasing is getting tiring. :-)

LHA / WMD