Old January 19th 04, 12:33 PM
Kim W5TIT

"Dwight Stewart" wrote in message
link.net...
"JJ" wrote:

LOL!! My wife, who seldom makes
any comment on anything pretaining to
amature radio, just walked into the
room, looked over my shoulder and
upon seeing kim's call sign displayed
in the newsgroup header said, "who
would be issued a call sign like that?"
After explaining it was a vanity call
sign and the person requested it, her
comment was, "what kind of idiot
would ever choose such a call sign?"
I ask her if she thought it was vulgar.
"Not really vulgar, just suggestive
and totally lacking in taste, I suppose
some people have to get attention
anyway they can".

My wife's consistent response to the ongoing debate about Kim's callsign
is, "who cares?" In short, with all the things going on in the world

today,
she thinks it is absolutely amazing that so many would waste time

discussing
a trivial issue like this.

Dwight Stewart (W5NET)

http://www.qsl.net/w5net/

Actually, Dwight, the only "place" that my callsign gets so much discussion
is right here in this newsgroup. I have been involved in a lot of stuff
since I've had this callsign--on the air, off the air, women and men, served
agencies, hundreds of other amateurs. No where, once, did my callsign ever
get discussed, and there was plenty of opportunity.

I am a in-your-face kind of person. It's obvious there's folks in this
newsgroup who can't handle that. My callsign is but one aspect of my
character and personality--both of which are unquestionable in matters that
count. I have that opinion of myself because I believe in myself due to the
encouragement, respect, appreciation, thoughtfulness and even admiration of
people in my life and all around my life.

Oh, wait, there was *one* time when I got an email from a club president who
made a comment to the negative about my callsign--*after* I'd withdrawn as a
member for pointing out that he was not abiding by club bylaws and would not
even discuss the matter. He'd had no problem with me, my rabble rousing, or
my money and time donations for two years previous...

Kim W5TIT