Old January 19th 04, 11:24 PM
Len Over 21

In article ,
(Steve Robeson, K4CAP) writes:

(Len Over 21) wrote in message
In article , "Scott"
writes:

A heart felt thank you to all that replied.

I guess my opinion that "Amateur Radio Service is not an essential element
in our society" was incorrect. I appreciate all that took the time to show
me where I was wrong. I stand corrected.

Only in THIS venue, Scott.

In THIS venue, all the pro-code newsgroupies require all to think,
act, do, behave, and moralize as they do.

Radio and electronics is still fascinating
to me and I've explored a lot of it in the course of a half century.
Been in lots more of the EM spectrum than nearly all of these
rigid pure moralists in here. Never used morse code in all that time,
never had to. Used many more modes and modulations than are
allowed to amateurs. That's not enough!

Your "exploration" has been as a paid employee, never being
allowed to use the "radio" as AMATEURS use thiers.

That's the way it is done in professional work. :-)

However, for casual "ragchews," I've used CB...perfectly legal to
do so without any morse knowledge or needing a ham license.

Tsk, tsk, tsk...Stebe, with all the wealth of "engineering
experience" as a paid employee (purchasing agent, less than
half a year total) thinks that "exploration" at work (usuall
known as R&D or Research and Development) is not really any
"exploration." That may be because all of his vaunted amateur
experience has used modes and modulations and equpment
already done? :-)

That you never used Morse Code is not germane. Millions of other
radio users never use it either. So what?

Test element 1 is still present in the U.S. amateur radio license
examination regulations. That requires demonstration of morse code
proficiency.

Hang in there, Scott. Pander to the would-be "authority wanna-bes"
if you have to...but GO YOUR OWN WAY. Be your own man, not
a puppet of those who dictate what you can do, what you shall
enjoy, what you must do to please them.

Independent thought is GOOD!

Independent thought IS good, as long as it is LENNIE'S
independent thought.

Incorrect. When I said "independent," I meant it in the complete
sense, not some inappropriate, semantically-incorrect, emotionally-
loaded form by Stebe the wonder marine.

The "regulars" of this forum are, for the most
part, life long Amateur Radio operators with the experience in AMATEUR
RADIO to know of which they speak.

Yes, all must do as those olde-tymers say. They ARE the "amateur
community" and run it, morals and all. :-)

All of them got into amateur radio so long ago that only anthropologists
can find the applicable radio regulations of their day. :-)

Leonard H. Anderson, retired from regular hours engineer, is a
known pathological liar and newsgroup antagonist.

Tsk, tsk, tsk...Stebe froths at the mouth and does the personal-
insult bit again. :-)

His rage and anger might qualify as one of the wonders of the world!

Perhaps in Stebe's never-never fantasyland, his "medicine" defines
"pathology" as the study of a "disease" and that anyone who does
not think as Dr. Killgore thinks is thus suffering a disease? Must be.

Here in the present reality, there are differing OPINIONS, not "lies."

I don't have to lie about anything in my electronics-radio career. It's
all open and referencible (except for things covered by industrial
trade secrets and non-disclosure agreements). I actually worked IN
HF communications beginning nearly 51 years ago...and have been
in communications with another member of my Battalion who does
have a current amateur radio license. What was done in HF comm
a half century ago is still being done today.

That he felt compelled to post this "defense" of HIS "career" in
this forum without having actually been a part of the thread is only
further evidence of his own self-appreciating, "me first" personality
and his total arrogance towards the very CONCEPT of Amateur Radio and
those who praticipate in it.

Poor baby. Tripped on his own drool and fell down...pounding on the
floor with his fists, unable to get up.

All that rage and anger and hate just from wanting to eliminate the
morse code test requirement?

Strange to associate "concept of amateur radio" as being all about
morse code testing.

Stebe's alternate reality must be a strange one indeed. Let's not go
there.

LHA / WMD