Old January 20th 04, 11:46 AM
William

Mike Coslo wrote in message et...
KØHB wrote:
"William" wrote

Even when you know -they- are out of band?

Simple Billy Beeper,

Since I don't read French I don't have a clue what the French
allocations look like. I trust that the French guys and gals can read
French and will comply with their regulations. I am beholden to Part
97, and it doesn't direct me to learn the allocations of other
administrations. Therefore, if a French station calls me on 6 meters I
will answer them.

Pretty simple concept, really..... I'm surprised you haven't understood
my previous messages on the topic.

Perhaps William *always* checks to see if the DX he works is always in
band for that country? ;^) Hopefully he also check to make sure that the
domestic Amateurs he works are not Deadbeat Dads (or Moms). All reasons
for license revocations.

- Mike KB3EIA -

Mike, axeually, I scrutinize their suffix and ponder if there are any
vulgar intentions in there. That is my acid test for working a
station or not. ;^)

Billy