Old January 20th 04, 06:13 PM
N2EY

"Dan/W4NTI" w4nti@get rid of this mindspring.com wrote in message hlink.net...

Can't wait till they show up on the top end of 75 meters. 100w and a
G5RV.....yeah buddy.

What would be the problem, with such a setup, Dan? I've made thousands
of
excellent contacts on that band with a similar setup.

oh wait - those contacts were on 80 meter CW.

But it's the same part of the radio spectrum, right? "Radio physics"
is
the same for all modes, isn't it?

---

Here's a concept I read very recently that may explain the "free
upgrade"
thingie: 'Blame It On BPL'.

Giving all ~322,000 Techs and Tech Pluses a free upgrade to General
will more than triple their numbers, from ~141,000 to ~463,000. If
even 10% of the upgradees get on the HF ham bands, that's over 32,000
new sources of trouble
for BPL systems....

73 de Jim, N2EY