Old January 21st 04, 12:02 AM
Dee D. Flint

"Kim W5TIT" wrote in message
"N2EY" wrote in message
In article ,

ospam
(Larry Roll K3LT) writes:

Jim:

This new ARRL Proposal is pretty much what I would expect to come out

of
Newington these days.

Except it didn't come out of Newington - it's the result of the BoD's

vote. And
the BoD are from all over the country, elected by the members.

True indeed. However, it would be interesting to see how much

"membership"
actually participated a) in the election of the BoD and b) how

much--because
of that--the ARRL's decisions are actually influenced by a majority of US
Amateur Radio Operators.

Nothing wrong with the concept that the BoD represents someone, but who

they
represent is those members of whom decide to actually be active in the
goings-on of the ARRL; and I don't think many do. Any numbers on that?

Why single out the ARRL? Almost every organization and our national
political scene is the same way. A few active people get out and vote. A
few active people get out and do the work. These are the people who always
have and always will shape policy. Yet those who are unwilling to vote or
do the work continually whine about how they are not represented. It is the
same thing throughout our society. The ARRL is not unique.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE