Old January 21st 04, 03:53 AM
Alun

"Dee D. Flint" wrote in
gy.com:

"Alun" wrote in message
I see no benefit in giving over 7125-7150 to phone. 7075-7100, for
example, would be the same size and in a more useful place. Moreover,
it would harmonise Region 2 US hams with US hams outside R2.

This will crowd the CW/digital/data modes too much since there are so
many US hams. It would be better to wait for the other treaty changes
from the conference to take affect and synchronize Regions 1 and 3 with
Region 2. You do know of course that the treaty now requires
broadcasters to move out of 7.1 to 7.2 and that this will become an
exclusive amateur allocation.

Of course I do, but do you think they will really move? Some may, but I
think some of them never will.

I don't recall the timing but it is
required in the treaty. Perhaps someday, the ITU will open up the 7.2
to 7.3 to the other regions. In the meantime, 7.150 to 7.200 could be
a worldwide phone allocation. This is actually more space than either
of the suggested proposals.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE

I'm assuming that this will happen anyway. I just meant that 7075-7100,
where of course there is already phone, would be more use to phone ops than
the proposed 7125-7150, where there isn't.