Old January 21st 04, 01:20 PM
google blogger

"Winston" wrote in message
news
I was an Advanced in 1963. I guess, by proxy, I will be able to say I
was an Extra for 40 years. I became an Extra in 1979. What will I
become now.

Think of it as having walked in a very large circle for the past 40 Years.

: ) : ) : )

Do you think that if everyone would just buy five copies of QST every
month the League would give up attempting to license every deadbeat
dad and upgrading every licensee that can recite QST?

Win/W0LZ

Probably an accurate observation Win. All that the ARRL has ever been
interested in for the past 40+ years is more subscriptions to their ad
filled fishwrap. No suprise really as the ARRL's 501-C3 Charter lists
them as a non-profit "scientific" publishing company.

Looks like the Ivy League also has **finally** realized that the Incentive
License disaster of the 1960's pretty much trashed ham radio.

Now their franticly trying to back-peddle the boat before it finally goes
over Niagra Falls. Not much you can do, seeing that 99.5% of young
persons are more interested in Ipod, Blogging, Chatrooms and other
Net related projects instead of this old antiquated hobby of their
granddaddy called "ham radio". (It used to be that ham radio was
unique in that it was the only alternative to making a long distance
telephone call to speak with someone far away. Today anyone can
do the same with a $10-per-month ISP and a PC. The NOVELTY
of long distance communications for the common person has worn
off - this is the root-cause of the issue - ham radio is become obsolete. )