Old January 21st 04, 11:11 PM
KØHB

"Alun" wrote

It might be more productive if someone could
produce some evidence one way or the other!

I can do better than evidence, I can provide proof....

The governing regulation is §97.527 which allows, but does NOT require,
VEC's to collect reimbursement for examinations. (In other words, there
is no requirement that VEC's collect money for ANY examination.)
Collection of reimbursement is AUTHORIZED but it is not MANDATORY.

Back in the early-mid 90's the ARRL VEC decided not to collect fees for
Novice examinations. This ****ed off the W5YI VEC who actually
petitioned the FCC to REQUIRE the collection of fees. FCC declined to
grant his petition.

73, de Hans, K0HB