Old January 22nd 04, 12:15 AM
Leo

On 22 Jan 2004 00:02:34 GMT, Alun wrote:

"Dee D. Flint" wrote in
igy.com:

"Alun" wrote in message
(N2EY) wrote in
om:

I did. As they get 7100-7200, any reason to have 'phone below 7100
goes away completely.

Except for us up North, perhaps - we have 7.050 to 7.100 allocated as
SSB on our 40M band plan. There are a few Canadian nets that operate
there regularily, as well as quite a bit of foreign DX.

Fortunately, our band plans are guidelines prepared by Radio Amateurs
of Canada - not federally mandated.

73, Leo

Only when:-

1 - all the broadcasters have moved, probably circa the year 2100; and

2 - all the countries have 7100-7200, which might almost take as long

As I recall, the treaty language from the past summer requires the
broadcasters to move out. It's not a recommendation and it's not
optional. I think the year is either 2007 or 2009 (I forget and don't
want to take the time to go look it up).

Since the equipment is already available, I would expect the various
countries to move rather quickly on adding the allocation.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE

A triumph of optimism over reality