Old January 22nd 04, 01:25 AM
Dave Heil

Len Over 21 wrote:

In article , Dave Heil
writes:

Len Over 21 wrote:

In article , Dave Heil

writes:

I believe that's the beauty of the Orion, it's never "ancient." The

latest
upgrade is just a download away. I feel for the poor slob who finally
breaks
down and buys a '7800 just before the '7800 Pro or Pro II comes out.

TT just keeps making it better and better. The rig is now about eight
months old and I've downloaded about ten firmware releases in that time.

"FIRMWARE releases?!?"

Yes, firmware releases.

Gosh, you must be equipped with a Star Trek Transporter! :-)

No, just a PC with an internet connection.

Oh, you mean SOFTWARE updates, right?

No, I don't. I mean firmware updates.

Get it straight, Herr Robust.

"Firmware" is hardware.

Actually, kindly old gent, you don't have it quite right. You may go to
http://whatis.techtarget.com/definit...212127,00.html to
educate yourself. Afterward, you may like to take a look at the site
where such firmware upgrades are available for the Orion:
http://www.rfsquared.com/ Please note the first two words in blue at
the top center of the page.

There is NO computer system anywhere in the world that will "download
firmware."

It appears that you are quite mistaken.

Let's see, that's more than one per month.

- Version 1.325 - initial release
03/26/03 Version 1.326
03/27/03 Version 1.327
03/28/03 Version 1.328
03/31/03 Version 1.329
04/01/03 Version 1.330
04/02/03 Version 1.331
04/03/04 Version 1.332
04/04/03 Version 1.333
04/06/03 Version 1.334
04/07/03 Version 1.335
04/08/03 Version 1.336
04/10/03 Version 1.337
04/11/03 - 04/13/03 Version 1.338
04/14/03 - 04/16/03 Version 1.339
04/26/03-05/06/03 Version 1.340
05/12/03-05/14/03 Version 1.341
05/19/03-05/22/03 Version 1.342
05/27/03 Version 1.343
06/03/03 Version 1.344
06/06/03 Version 1.345
06/11/03 Version 1.346
06/13/03 Version 1.347
06/25/03 Version 1.348
07/08/03 Version 1.349
07/10/03 VERSION 1.350
07/29/03 Version 1.351
08/07/03 Version 1.352
08/11/03 Version 1.353
08/12/03 Version 1.354
08/15/03 Version 1.355
08/19/03 Version 1.356
08/21/03 Version 1.357
08/22/03 Version 1.358
08/25/03 Version 1.359
09/12/03 Version 1.360
09/16/03 Version 1.361
09/25/03 Version 1.362
10/06/03 Version 1.363
10/22/03 Version 1.364
10/23/03 Version 1.365
11/14/03 Version 1.366
12/19/03 Version 1.367

Well, it certainly looks like more than one per month, doesn't it old fellow?
Interestingly, the manufacturer lists the above list under "Firmware
Revision History".

All that many updates?

Why would I have reason to manufacture a phony list?

Tells me they didn't know what they were doing to begin with, or just
shoved software and hardware out the door before they had finished
testing the firmware and software.

No, that's simply what you've guessed and you'd again be incorrect.

I would think that Orion could have stabilized the programming by
now. No new band changes have happened in eight months... :-)

Really? I seem to recall adding 60m capability to the Orion. Weren't
you paying attention? Were you under the impression that "band changes"
were the only things which could be modified in the Orion?

Apparently it can also TRANSPORT material things as they did on
Star Trek.

Perhaps they should have beamed up some smarts to release the
RIGHT code the first time...

I'm sure that you'd have done so and that you'd have designed a
transceiver which performed much, much better. Your abilities are
legend.

Oh, my, you drone on busy prussian bee. It's like listening to a
lecture on 1800s science...all done by amateurs.

Nothing new, same old "landfill" remarks from the prussian.

There's plenty new, Leonard. You may start your education after you
learn about firmware.

Dave K8MN