Old January 22nd 04, 04:13 AM
Larry Roll K3LT

In article , "Kim W5TIT"
writes:

Fact ot the matter is my callsign is not vulgar, it is not disrespectful, it
is not inappropriate.

Kim:

In fact, it is all of the above, but, I guess you're entitled to your
delusions.

It's nothing more than a vanity callsign that brings
out other peoples' vanity (here in this newsgroup anyway) way more than it
even expresses my own

What it is bringing out is other people's disgust. However, anyone who would
have the poor taste to request such a call sign would also not be very likely
to latch on to other people's negative reaction to it, except for whatever sick
pleasure you derive from it.

And, it works great working DX and pileups--when I
used to do that!

Don't look now, Kim, but you're a No-code Technician. There is no way
you can "work DX and pileups" on HF unless you were operating as a
third party using your OM's privileges, and that would also require the
use of his call sign. Oh, yeah, six meters. Sure, I DX and pileups are
possible there, but I rather suspect you were talking about HF. Please
give us a run-down on your OM's VHF DX'ing capabilities. That should
be a good one.

73 de Larry, K3LT