Old January 22nd 04, 06:50 AM
stewart

(N2EY) wrote in message ...

The big mystery, though, is why FCC got all fired up back in 1958 and
started making noises about changing the system, only 5 years after they'd
done the Big Giveaway of 1953. My best guess is that they had a serious
case of Sputnik Fever.

Yep... and guess what, it is 2004 now, and the 'ol US of A is going
thru a serious case of "Sacred Vessel" fever.

We need to give the young people who are willing to learn about RF, a
decent place to learn in the ham ranks, with incentives that match the
requirements.

What changed? The Internet... Cell Phones... The WTC attack...
Chinese astronauts... Outsourced Engineering jobs to India... A
terminated fool-for-a-governer who allowed illegal aliens to sink the
California economy into a $36bln debt... A President who refuses to
guard our country's borders, and who now proposes to let illegal
aliens sink the USA economy (or is it just a Chess Gambit, designed to
pull a plank from the Dem's platform?).

The ARRL proposal is GOOD FOR AMERICA, and is the obvious right thing
to do.

You old naysaying farts talk about work ethic, and bemoan the lowering
of standards... But it is now clear that you simply don't want to
share frequencies (which are now all virtually unused!), nor
information (which is now all 10-15 years out of date!)... you just
want to sit on your asses and bitch.

This old fart likes Morse code up to a point, but it can NO LONGER be
the centerpiece of contention in Amateur Radio - we MUST move on. We
are DONE listening to this MORSE CODE BULL****! STOP IT! Get on with
your lives! Do SOMETHING positive. ANYTHING!

73 de Jim, N2EY

- Stewart (N0MHS)