Old January 22nd 04, 11:22 AM
Dwight Stewart

"Leo" wrote:

"Kim W5TIT" wrote:
Another interesting little snippit... If
I recall, it was only after I "took on"
some of the things Larry (and his ilk)
was posting that he decided to take
a dislike to my callsign.

Makes one wonder if it is the callsign
that is the reason for the attitude; or
that they just plain dislike me and can't
think of any other way to express it.

The statements of those who voice the
strongest objections tend to support your
observation, Kim. (snip)

Your message didn't show up on my server, Kim. So I'll use Leo's message
(thanks, Leo) to post my response. Anyway, yes, I also seem to remember your
callsign wasn't an issue until after you disagreed with Larry and friends.
Only at that point did they decide to focus on your callsign to distract
from the counter-arguments you made. However, regardless of how it started,
that is certainly how your callsign is being used now. It now seems Larry
and some of his friends would rather belittle your callsign than seriously
respond to your comments on various issues. Of course, some, on the other
hand, are simply using your callsign in the same manner as the codswallop of
the typical newsgroup troll (including Larry on occasion).

Dwight Stewart (W5NET)

http://www.qsl.net/w5net/