Old February 7th 04, 07:47 PM
Yuri Blanarovich

K3BU:
[snip]

|I used the knowledge to design more efficient mobile antenna for 160.

KB7QHC:
What design did you start with and at what efficiency?

What design did you end up with and at what efficiency?
What was the improvement in efficiency?

N7WS:

So now it's 0.51% efficient instead of only 0.49% right? [g]

Nope, more like going from not getting answers to my calls or CQ (S0 or less
:-) to getting reports from W6, through P4 to Eu of S6 to S9. Even getting hell
from W8JI for wiping out - QRMing the DX window.
You learned heads figure out the efficiency improvement in dBm, uV or dB or S
units. It may not jive with your decimal points, but is OK with me.

In the past Cecil showed some results from mobile antenna shootouts, where
simple change in position of the loading coil can mean dBs or tens of dBs
difference. Might not be reflected in your modeling results, but reality
speaks. Those who built and used the stuff know it. Those who calculate it
"know better"?

This is getting amusing and eye opening how many flat earth society members are
out there. Keep on harping!

KB7QHC:
Marketing claims are cheap and I need only pick up a copy of People Magazine

off the newsstand to read them for free.

I am not marketing nothing (yet), just defending the truth and reality. YMMV

Yuri, K3BU