Old January 23rd 04, 04:31 PM
Dave Heil

Leo wrote:

On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 14:42:14 GMT, Dave Heil
wrote:

Leo wrote:

The use of one's own moralistic views and beliefs to deny the rights
of another is "inappropriate" too, Jim.

That's an issue you seem unable to sort out for us, "Leo". Which one of
the new "rights" applies in forcing Jim to use her callsign in a
newsgroup post?

I'm sorry that you're having difficulty interpreting the generally
accepted concepts of human social interaction, or the precise subject
of my original objection and subsequent discussion on this subject,
"Dave". My intent was to illustrate, not to educate.

Let's be open here, "Leo". You aren't sorry and I'm not having
difficulty. You wrote of denying "rights". I responded to that
comment.
If you didn't really mean "rights", you should have chosen another term.
If you're intent was to illustrate something other than what you stated,
your illustration fails.

But, if you wish to further moralize upon this issue, I refer you to
the ultimate authority, with all sincerity and best wishes:

God, grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
the courage to change the things I can
and the wisdom to know the difference

I salute Jim's wisdom in knowing the difference and his courage in
changing the things he can.

Of that I am certain, Dave

It was kind of you to provide the quote.

Dave K8MN