Old January 23rd 04, 07:06 PM
Dan/W4NTI

"Robert Casey" wrote in message
Dan/W4NTI wrote:

I operated on 7.010 and received
a notice of violation from the Cleveland Ohio FCC monitor. I was out of
band for my class of license.

Was there a fine or some other penalty involved? Or did they understand
that it was an oversight and told them you won't do that again? I once
did a
similar mistake (I was in band for my license but was a wrong mode,
i.e., SSB
in the CW/data segment answering some DX on 40) but soon spotted it
and stopped doing it. Haven't heard anything from the FCC, I think they
know people occasionally make such mistakes. But if someone keeps doing
it then watch out.

Since you asked....I called the office in Cleveland that issued the notice.
During the conversation I was asked 'where have you been not to know of this
change?', or something to that effect. My response was that I had just got
back from Nam and wanted to play radio again. The notice was thrown out,
no fines or warnings other than to use a higher crystal..hi.

Dan/W4NTI