Old January 24th 04, 04:37 AM
Brian Kelly

Robert Casey wrote in message ...
Brian Kelly wrote:

That's incorrect Dan. I was an early '50s kid Novice. The OFs of those
days more than just occasionally bent over backwards to make sure that
I knew that I was at the bottom of the totem pole. In retrospect no
doubt some of it involved the usual compulsive cocky male
pubescent/male adult conflict which had nothing to do with ham radio.

I would guess that most of those OFs had nothing better than their ham
license on their
resume. "I am big ham, you a worthless kid"....

Bad guess. A couple examples were EEs who were too old to serve in WW2
but who put in 70 hrs/week at the submarine communications lab here
"for the duration", another was an M.D. and some others of their ilk
who twisted me six ways from Sunday about being a Novice just to see
what would happen. Which I probably deserved quite frankly. Those were
also the days when the door prizes at company functions were cartons
of Luckies passed out by "the prettiest secretary". Check yer
extrapolaton methods Casey, some of of those curves are horizontal
lines (beasting on 5 wpm newbies in 1953 and in 2004 is one) and some
AIN'T.

I don't expect kids
to kiss my ass
like some adults wanted me to when I was a kid. Respect is a 2 way
street.

Yer lecturing the choir, I have three thirty-something daughters . .
Dunno if they're still card-carrying NOW members or not . .

Good night.

w3rv