Old January 25th 04, 12:08 PM
William

"Dee D. Flint" wrote in message igy.com...
"William" wrote in message
om...
(N2EY) wrote in message

In article ,

(Brian Kelly) writes:

Has nothing to do with it. The point of the propsal is to simplify the
license structure, the testing process and the record keeping.

The structure for new hams is already simplified - Tech/General/Extra.

The testing process is already simplified - Tech/General/Extra.

You must not have been listening when I told you that the Technician
license was far too complex to be an entry level license. Maybe I
haven't wasted 17 years of ARRL dues after all.

I disagree,

Oh, no! It would appear then that you have your very first
disagreement with the ARRL. They are the ones proposing a new entry
level license.

the information required to receive a Tech license is not too
complex. I've taught classes and have seen people pass that were "dumber
than a box of rocks" as they say. Of course, maybe I'm the world's greatest
teacher but that's unlikely. Naturally I teach with enthusiasm and take the
time to explain whatever needs further development. And I do explain why
they need to know this and discuss real world applications from my own
experience so that they can see the usefulness of this knowledge. However
if the material were too complex, more of these people would have failed.
The few who failed admitted right up front that they had not studied the
material.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE

You always have the right answers, Dee, and you're always right.

Why does anyone else even bother?