Old January 26th 04, 03:14 AM
Larry Roll K3LT

In article , Mike Coslo
writes:

You know, Dwight, I'm not so sure. I don't recall Jim ever making an
issue of the issue, except for ommitting the callsign. He's not doing
anything except omitting what he finds inappropriate. He isn't calling
Kim names, and he Is engaging her in posts here in the group.

And as pointed out, the callsign was indeed chosen so that some people
WOULD find it inappropriate.

What would *you* have him do? I'm a little confused about what some
people want out of this thread. Jim HAS to use Kim's callsign? Jim has
to apologize to Kim for finding her callsign inappropriate? Jim has to
have his posts approved for content before posting?

What do you think of her reasoning behind getting that callsign? I
don't care one way or the other, aside from an acceptance of it, and for
discussion of the callsign to go away, even though that would probably
be dissapointing to the owner, who has stated that the callsign was
designed to get attention, and which people are giving attention to the
callsign in what must be an immensely gratifying amount to her.

Mike KB3EIA -

Mike:

Very well said. I have no doubt that Kim chose her callsign with the
specific intent of inciting controversy. However, in so doing, she has
left herself open to others forming the opinion that she is simply a
no-class slag with absolutely no taste, self-respect, or sense of
propriety whatsoever. Unfortunately, there is no way that she can
possibly dispel that perception unless she does the right thing and
changes her call sign to something more appropriate for a family-
oriented activity like amateur radio. Only time will tell whether or
not she takes this advice to heart, and acts accordingly. However,
if she intends to keep her present call sign, then she will always
be in the position of having to defend the indefensible. And as long
as there are still good, decent people involved in the ARS, her
arguments will fall on deaf ears.

73 de Larry, K3LT