Old January 26th 04, 12:35 PM
Bill Sohl

"Dwight Stewart" wrote in message
nk.net...
"N2EY" wrote:

The days when the nests were all
empty by the time Mom and Dad
hit 50 are long gone, Dwight. And
that's in "typical" America.

That may be typical in your world. However, I haven't met a single 40 or
50 year old recently with a young child. In fact, I only remember meeting
one in my entire life - a couple with an adopted child. Whatever the case,

haven't seen it to be commonplace.

Depends on how you define "young." When I was 50 my yongest
daughter was only 8. More and more couples today are getting
married later and having kids later. When I was going to "back-to-school"
night for my youngest, some of the other parents could have been
my kids if my wife and I had married and had kids when we were
20. By the same tokenn, I was not the only "senior" parent there.

(SNIP)

Do you consider that to be "old"?
I don't. I consider it to be "middle
aged".

Forty or fifty is certainly not young.

Speak for yourself. These days 60 isn't
consider old in the same way it was years ago.

Cheers,
Bll K2UNK