Old January 26th 04, 01:54 PM
Mike Coslo

Dwight Stewart wrote:

"N2EY" wrote:

The days when the nests were all
empty by the time Mom and Dad
hit 50 are long gone, Dwight. And
that's in "typical" America.

That may be typical in your world. However, I haven't met a single 40 or
50 year old recently with a young child. In fact, I only remember meeting
one in my entire life - a couple with an adopted child. Whatever the case, I
haven't seen it to be commonplace.

Depends on where you are at, I guess. Most people I know have postponed
having children until thier mid 30's. That puts them into their 50's
when the kids leave the nest. A few even wait until their 40's, although
they have found out that that doesn't work very well.

Hopefully people don't age too fast where you come from, Dwight, but
I'm 49 and don't feel the least bit old.

Why does that matter? You may have
noticed that I don't talk about my
domestic situation here.

It matters only in the context of the discussion - how many in our age
group have young children.

Suppose, just suppose, that I have 5
children ranging in age from toddlers to
teenagers. (I don't, but that's not the
point). Would you then say I was right
and Kim's call was inappropriate?

Have those supposed children also talked to Kim on the radio, hearing her
callsign and making something out of it? Lets not discuss hypothetical
situations, Jim. Anything can be justified or condemned using that.

Dwight, Take your average year old boy. He hears ANYTHING that can be
taken out of context, and he'll be all giggly for quite a while. That's
what they do. Anything gross or something that can be twisted in
meaning, they will do it.

And your source is?

Fifty years of life, meeting thousands in that period.

Do you consider that to be "old"?
I don't. I consider it to be "middle
aged".

Forty or fifty is certainly not young.

Middle aged is 60's. Congrat's Dwight, you've been moved down the scale
and are officially younger! 8^)

- Mike KB3EIA -