Old January 27th 04, 04:10 AM
Mike Coslo

KØHB wrote:
"N2EY" wrote

| - Allowing a free upgrade is proof that the material in the test which
is not
| taken is not necessary for the privileges.

Here we go again! Damn it Jim, that is patently false and you know that
it is, yet you keep dragging it out as a fact. Allowing a free upgrade
isn't "proof" of anything except that a free-pass was given, sort of
like a day of amnesty when all overdue library books can be returned
without fees. Yes, it's a really bad idea, but it doesn't disprove the
need for proper qualification examinations. Go join Carl Stevenson and
Ed Hare in the NTI sign-up queue. (I'd mention them by call sign, but I
wouldn't want to risk compromising your "standards".)

If the Technicians are given the same privileges as a General, does it
not mean that a Technician is capable of those privileges after taking
the Technician test? If so then why should any further testing besides
Technician level be given for future General class licensees at the old
level. All that is needed is a Technician level test.

Amnesty? OY!

- Mike KB3EIA -