Old January 27th 04, 10:21 AM
Kim W5TIT

"Bert Craig" wrote in message
et...
"JJ" wrote in message
Bert Craig wrote:

Funny you should say that. I was just looking at his QSL card

wondering
how
he is. I sent him a few e-mails to both addresses known to work...and

no
reply. Hope he's ok.

Speaking of QSL cards, I just received one today from the 5 land qsl
burro from an OH station in Finland I worked on September 26, *1981*.
Better late than never I suppose.

Wow, and I just recently received one from a 2/03 QSO...and I thought THAT
was an unreasonably long time. hihi

73 de Bert
WA2SI

When I read about QSL'ing (I think in the Now You're Talking Book) before I
got my ticket, the idea sounded grand. But, I quickly became disinterested
when the reality of how long it takes, coupled with the added aggravation of
having a bureau, etc. I understand the idea of handling costs, etc. But,
it's just too much aggravation for me. There's supposedly some QSL cards
waiting for me somewhere up in OK, I think at a QSL Manager or something.
Someone posted the information here in the newsgroup one time. They'd
probably mean nothing to me any more because I wouldn't even remember the
contact! LOL

But, for DXers and paper chasers, it's probably a nicely organized
rigmarole. Do you mind the wait, Bert? You must be "into" DXing and
contesting, eh?

Kim W5TIT