Old January 28th 04, 06:30 AM
Len Over 21

In article , ospam
(Larry Roll K3LT) writes:

The fact that the FCC issued the callsign is totally irrelevant.

Ooooo! I'll bet that will excite someone in a clearing in the silicon
forest!!! :-)

Larrah, did you issue your "Little Thing" call to yourself?!?

The FCC is
a governmental agency which is driven by a total commitment to political
correctness and the need to keep it's ass out of drafts. If they would
decline to issue a call sign such as Kim's, they could be sued for big bucks
for any number of reasons, most likely the violation of her First Amendment
rights. Therefore, it is not the FCC's onus to take responsibility for an
objectionable call sign.

Larrah, are you admitted to the Bar Association or did you just
get admitted to a bar that had a brass rail? :-)

That is the responsibility of the person to whom it
was assigned, if a sequentially-assigned call, or the person requesting a
specific Vanity Call Sign. If I were to request a new, sequentially-
assigned call, and got something like K3KKK or K3FUK, I would immediately
return that license to the FCC and demand a reassignment which did not
contain that particularly objectionable suffix. If Kim had any class at all,
that is precisely what she would do with her present call. This is on Kim,
not the FCC.

Hans ought to reassign the most stupidest posting title to
Larrah for this year for the above! :-)

The FCC is not in a position to sanction or disapprove any
particular call sign.

Oooooo! Care to back that up in a federal court?!? :-)

The FCC giveth and the FCC taketh away, sweetums.

Sunnavagun!

LHA / WMD