Old January 29th 04, 12:00 PM
Dwight Stewart

"Larry Roll K3LT" wrote:
"Dwight Stewart" writes:
You're absolutely right, Dee. I do
live in an environment where tits,
breasts, and other words to describe
the human body are not outright, and
immediately, derogatory or vulgar -
only a certain context makes them so.

Let's try a little experiment that would
serve to prove what you just said.
Sometime within the course of going
about your daily duties, locate and
approach an attractive woman with a
particularly voluptious bustline. Say
something like, "Hey, lady, I think you
have a really nice set of tits there!"
(snip)

I don't think so. I don't know about you, but I don't go around
approaching strangers so I can comment about their breasts. However, during
the course of many conversations with female friends and associates over the
years, some of them have used the word "tits" and so have I in response.
Clearly, since the women led off with the use of that word, they obviously
were not offended by my use of it in response. Clearly, at lot of this
depends on the situation. With a stranger, if the subject even came up, only
the most polite words would be used. With a friend, more casual conversation
is acceptable. In my opinion, the woman always decides when that point is
reached.

Dwight Stewart (W5NET)

http://www.qsl.net/w5net/