Old January 31st 04, 06:18 PM
Steve Robeson, K4CAP

(William) wrote in message om...

(Steve Robeson, K4CAP) wrote in message . com...

For implementation sometime AFTER the "code issue" is resolved:

(1) Amateur Basic.

Forty question test with access to 144mHz, 50Mhz, 28mHz, 21mHz,
18mHz, 7mHz and 1.8mHz. Same phone allocations as other
licensees on HF bands. Morse Code endorsement required for opera-
tion in lower 100kHz of any band. Limit 100 watts output on any band.

Needs rf hazard study on 28Mhz with 100 watts.

Snip to...

Steve, other than one license class too many, and no term limit on
"basic," sounds reasonable.

Thanks, but what's the problem with an "rf hazard study"...?!?!
Everyone acts as though this is going to require a Master's degree to
accomplish. I don't see why any reasoable nudge towards anything
having to do with safety is an imposition...Other than it might
REQUIRE some acutal exercising of the grey matter, I think ALL classes
should have to do it at some point in time.

73

Steve, K4YZ