Old February 4th 04, 09:07 PM
Jim Hampton

Thanks for the info, Jim. Yes, I suspect the youngest would be girls since
males tend to mature at a later age. Check the posts in the newsgroup for
proof of that

73 from Rochester, NY
Jim AA2QA

"N2EY" wrote in message
Interesting story and obviously a very bright kid! Homeschooled, too.
The story documents other young hams, including the Philly area's W3OVV,
who earned her Class B at the Philly FCC office soon after her 10th

birthday -
in 1948. This was back in the days when *all* US ham licenses required 13

wpm
code, sending and receiving, and when the writtens were not only "secret"

but
also consisted in large part of essay and draw-a-diagram questions.

One interesting side note is that these young hams are almost all girls!

73 de Jim, N2EY

"Age requirements? We doan' need no steenkeen age requirements!"

---