Old February 5th 04, 01:34 AM
Dave Heil

Len Over 21 wrote:

In article , Dave Heil Miss Construance
writes:

Len Over 21 wrote:

The question-topic of the morse code test pertains to GETTING
INTO amateur radio below 30 MHz. Some have misconstrued the
essence of amateur radio as being a skilled radiotelegrapher.

Others have misconstrued the term "GETTING INTO" amateur radio as
meaning the several decades of interest preceeding the several years of
newsgroup posts just before the three-year-old claim of getting "an
Extra right out of the box".

Go for it, big daddy dave. Ain't no cats on your hot tin roof.

I did go for it, Len--forty years ago, within a year of my first
exposure to amateur radio.

I left active duty in 1956, moved to southern California in 1956, worked
IN radio-electronics in the aerospace industries out here.

Nope. Nothing about your obtaining an amateur radio license here.

I'm still
working IN it but not at regular hours. Better than 40 hours a week
from then to now. Even did a severe major shift to go from illustration
to electronics engineering. Kept up a hobby in electronics at home
all that time. Even authored articles on electronics and ham radio
as a professional writer in spare time. Became senior staff
engineer at several large electronics corporations.

No, nothing about your having obtained an amateur radio license here.

Howaboutthat? Does that "show enough interest?"

In obtaining an amateur radio license? Why, no, none at all.

I'd say making a
career out of an "interest" ought to prove something to anyone with
more than four brain cells. Nope. Not enough to mighty big dave.
To him (bless his 4-synapse grey matter) I'd have to regress and Learn
To Beep Morse and become an amatoor hum wid a reel lisense.

You haven't Beeped Morse nor have you Passed Any Written Exam. You've
taken no action on your declared interest.

Geez, snarly dave, those electroshock treatments do take away
some of your smarts. Was the gunnery nurse in attendance?
Did he dance well? Who lead?

Who did what? My smarts are fine, Len. I wrote about getting into
amateur radio. Your response didn't address that, did it?

Dave K8MN