Old February 5th 04, 02:56 PM
Dave Heil

Len Over 21 wrote:

In article , Dave Heil male impersonator
writes:

Len Over 21 wrote:

In article ,

(Brian Kelly) writes:

(Len Over 21) wrote in message
In article ,

(Brian Kelly) writes:

I have yet to see or hear of a single example of a nocode
experimenting with a new wide mode. For that matter none of the Extra
"wideband digigeeks"who have bleated the same refrain have done
anything but talk either.

Is PSK31 chopped liver? :-)

When did a 31 Hz wide mode become "wideband"?

Martinez' innovation comes from scaling current wideband data
communications at high rates to the slow, real-time rates of
amateur radio environments. That involved some good application
of Information Theory and other things, not in being spoon-fed
How To Do It from the pages of QST.

I noted that you didn't really provide an answer to the question.

The question was ambiguous and did not define "wide."

Your name isn't "Kelly," sweetums. Ya gotta live near philly, eat
hoagies and buy "gaz" for da car in order to impersonate Kelly.

Got that?

I've had it all along. I never for a moment believed that I was anyone
named Kelly. The confusion is yours.

A comment was made about wide band modes. You responded with something
about PSK-31. Now you go into what Peter Martinez scaled.

You wouldn't know Martinez if he had a leather suit instead of scales.

Really? I beg to differ. At any rate, how would you be in a position
to know what I know?

Hello? Ever hear of Shannon's Law and the relationship of data rate
versus bandwidth? It's fairly simple math and proportional. That
means it can be SCALED as in relationship of numbers.

That is simply more misdirection on your part. Tell us about the new
wideband modes.

You haven't address the comment on wide band modes.

You want an address? [I'm not available...]

It is apparent that you are unavailable. You don't seem to be able to
address the question about wideband modes. Tell us about PSK-31 as a
wideband mode.

Dave K8MN