Old February 6th 04, 06:22 AM
Dave Heil

Len Over 21 wrote:

In article , Dave Heil Miss Congeniality
writes:

Len Over 21 wrote:

In article , Dave Heil Miss Construance
writes:

Len Over 21 wrote:

The question-topic of the morse code test pertains to GETTING
INTO amateur radio below 30 MHz. Some have misconstrued the
essence of amateur radio as being a skilled radiotelegrapher.

Others have misconstrued the term "GETTING INTO" amateur radio as
meaning the several decades of interest preceeding the several years of
newsgroup posts just before the three-year-old claim of getting "an
Extra right out of the box".

Go for it, big daddy dave. Ain't no cats on your hot tin roof.

I did go for it, Len--forty years ago, within a year of my first
exposure to amateur radio.

...and you are still undeveloped.

That's rich! You've sat on your duff for almost an equivalent period
and are still writing about "getting into amateur radio". Thanks for the
laughs, Leonard.

Nope. Nothing about your obtaining an amateur radio license here.

Oh? Is this a requirement to be in the electronics industry?

Was that under discussion? I could have sworn that amateur radio was
the topic in which you decided to submit your PROFESSIONAL credentials.

Strange, isn't it, not one single personnel person (that's "human
resources" profession to bus drivers) said anything about needing
any amateur radio license to work in electronics or aerospace.

You must want alt.jobs.wanted.aerospace.

Where is "here," snarly dave?

Right there.

Howaboutthat? Does that "show enough interest?"

In obtaining an amateur radio license? Why, no, none at all.

No, no, no, sweetums, you equated INTEREST IN RADIO to
GETTING A HAM LICENSE plus adding "learning morse code."

That is incorrect, Leona. You have your facts scrambled. I'll be happy
to quote the post if you're having trouble remembering.

You haven't Beeped Morse nor have you Passed Any Written Exam. You've
taken no action on your declared interest.

I have NO interest, declared or otherwise, on "beeping morse," bleeping
dave. Never claimed otherwise.

I understand that. There is an amateur license available which requires
no morse test. It requires a pretty straightforward written test. You
haven't tackled it.

Is that a requirement in your SS view of amateur radio?

What kind of view?

I passed four written exams at an FCC field office in Chicago, 1956.
I passed all kinds of college exams after that, a California driver's
license written exam among others (despite a non-interest in
becoming a professional driver).

Bully for you. You haven't passed an amateur license exam.

Does one have to Post Bans on "interest in radio?" Must be so at
the Church of St. Hiram.

Sorry deacon dave, I don't worship at that church.

I'm sure you don't. I see you as more of an agnostic deist, sort of
covering all bets.

I wrote about getting into amateur radio.

Nah, you scribbled nastygrams about "getting an amateur radio license
IN ORDER TO SHOW INTEREST IN RADIO."

Incorrect again, Leonid. You just can't remember anything anymore.

Dave K8MN