Old February 8th 04, 12:07 PM
Dave

two things you are missing... what frequencies, and just how compact is
compact?? a 3 ele yagi for 2m is only about 3' square, how much smaller
would you want it??

"Dr. Slick" wrote in message
om...
Hi,

We would like to build our own Yagi from aluminum (better than
1/2" copper?) that can handle up to 400 watts or so.

We want to keep the antenna as compact as possible, but yet with
at least some directivity. I understand "compact" is a difficult
design parameter for VHF wavelengths, especially for a multi-element
Yagi, but that's what we want.

This would probably be a 3 element design, and it can be dedicated
for one frequency, or it can be broadband. There doesn't seem to be
too much design info on the web.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Slick