Old February 6th 04, 09:35 PM
Harold Burton

"Robert Casey" wrote in message

Where did society get the mistaken impression that sex is bad, but
violence is OK?

Nuns in Catholic grammar school routinely used violence on the kids, but
would
sure be upset about anything vaguely about sex....

Is that really what we want to teach our children?

I wouldn't want to subject kids to the crap I had to endure in said
school.

When you get right down to it, except for a few shameful and widely
publicized exceptions, todays kids suffer from too little rather than too
much
physical punishment. Worst form of abuse for todays kids is to let'em grow
up with no self control or discipline. That was true in earlier generations,
too.
Look at Bill Clinton and, for that matter, the younger days of our current
President. Sometimes they grow out of it and sometimes they don't.

HWB