Old February 7th 04, 06:57 AM
Len Over 21

In article , Dave Heil Ding Dong Schoolmaster
brandishing his Ruler writes:

Len Five Decades Over 21 but not acting a day over eleven wrote:

In article , Dave Heil snarly
aka "Mr. Warmth" writes:

Len Over 21 wrote:

In article , Dave Heil

writes:

Len Over 21 wrote:

In article ,
(William) writes:

Larrah, at what age did you pass the Extra exam elements?

Mental or physical age? :-)

At which age did you pass an amateur radio license exam, Leonard?

Never tried, snarly dave.

Well, there you have it.

Have what? I don't have any amateur license. Got several others.

In the context of this newsgroup, that means just what?

Yup. You need to UPGRADE your neurons.

Hint: You made a general statement. I gave you a specific answer.

You didn't like the answer. You never do. TS. :-)

Snarly dave, I don't care about your amateur wonderfulness and
vindictiveness and bigotry to non-amateurs. I'm a pro, like it or no.

If you don't care, why are you still haunting a newsgroup dealing with
amateur radio?

Boooooo! I haunt you! :-)

Snarly dave, I said I don't care about YOUR amateur wonderfulness.

YOURS, snarly dave. You are NOT U.S. amateur radio. [thank
the Lord...the League membership drive would be in hell if so...]

It is clear that you are not a radio amateur and that
you are not, after all these years, "getting into amateur radio".

Snarly dave, it isn't in your power to demand "motivations" since
you are NOT a moderator in here, a judge, a jury, and certainly
not an executioner (although I'm sure you would relish the task
and with a side of fries to go with that).

I've been trying to argue the elimination of the morse code test
for ANY U.S. radio license.

Problem is, some of you and your ilk (ilk are similar to huns but
are not, unfortunately, a vanishing species) DEMAND "motivation"
and some kind of perverse "unquestioning love of a service" that
is supposed to be a fun, recreational activity about radio. As a
result you spend hours and waste Internet bandwidth insulting all
those who do not agree with your wonderfulness, etc.

Haunt
some radio professionals, using the endearing manner you've displayed
here and see how long they put up with your condesent.

It's "condescension," not "condesent" or even 'condiment' although
it must spice up your life on here.

I've worked with professionals in radio and electronics a long time
and they don't come across with the kind of stuff you and the
gunnery nurse and other "proud SERVICE members" do.

I worked professionally in radio and electronics.

Of course you did. In the "foreign service," right? :-)

[NBC likes the term "fleecing of America" and that might apply? :-) ]

A number of us here have done so or do so.

Yes. And? :-)

What sets you apart is that you are a non-amateur who
seems to get his jollies taking potshots at radio amateurs.

Only CERTAIN amateurs...such as those pretending to be radio gods
and the like. Look in a mirror to meet one.

The salient point should be that I am still here! There have been many
others participating in here that did not possess amateur licenses.
Most, nearly all in fact, quit, dropped out, probably in irritation at the
self-important personal wonderfulness expressed by those definitely
NOT representative-of-the-amateur-community-but-insisted-they-
ARE-amateur-radio. :-)

You can't handle persistence by others who oppose your viewpoints.

All you can do is attempt insult and demeaning of those persons
instead of addressing the subjects. QED most of today's mail package.

With all those many years of amateur radio experience you could have
been doing great things for U.S. amateur radio...instead of trying to
"get" certain personalities on this newsgroup. It's counterproductive
and wastes bandwidth and others' time.

You do NOT get to choose anything about what anyone is "supposed"
to say, to reply to, or anydamnthingelse. You keep thinking you do
every time you put on the SS uniform with the monocle. Try keeping
the armband off, it's so 40-ish.

Get it straight, Len. This is an open newsgroup dealing with amateur
radio. You are in no way involved with amateur radio. I am free to
choose to respond to anything posted here and shall do so as the spirit
moves me.

Get it straight, snarly dave. This is an open newsgroup, without any
moderator, accessible by anyone.

If you get honked by anyone with an opposing view, you can't fall back
on insults and pejoratives and nastygrams against the person instead
of the subject. THAT DOESN'T ALWAYS WORK. [obviously not...:-) ]

Try not to "threaten" anyone. That only makes you look more like the
Waffen SS officer you seem to emulate.

Remember something which the gunnery nurse must have forgotten:
Do as the spirit moves you, NOT as the spirits move you.

If something doesn't work, stubbornness isn't a cure. You are doing
it WRONG when no results come. CHANGE.

Shave the head and learn to smile. That will make you more like
Colonel Klink. Lose several pounds too.

As a last resort, you can always go to your strength and bring in the
Nazi images.

Nein, Herr Robust, Wehrmacht, perhaps the military of Prussia of old,
not the "nazis." Das ist der "image" presented.

"That seemed to write itself." Remember that braggadoccio? :-)

Let's see. Amateur radio newsgroup. I'm a radio amateur.

Congratulations. I'll bet you have a nice license certificate suitable for
framing.

Now, back to
the question: What does your comment have to do with Larry's amateur
radio license and of concern is his job to you?

Back to your official position as Ding Dong Schoolmaster: Whoinheck
appointed you anything that you can DEMAND answers? :-)

Quit shaking that ruler around. You can't slap anyone's wrist for
writing anything in here. Try to realize that you are POWERLESS
in that regard.

It seems to be karma
that forces you to live up to the N2EY profile of your likely actions.

TAFKA Reverend Jim has his own problems and those are not your
concern. He's just another newsgroupie but with a bad case of
thinking he has to comment on everyone's postings all the time. :-)

Actually, old boy, you have quite the attitude toward radio amateurs.

ONLY to CERTAIN ones. Tag, you're IT. :-)

The best man at my wedding is still a radio amateur. The best work
manager I ever had is still a radio amateur, now moved to mid-
California where my wife and I were overnight guests. I don't have any
"attitude" towards the group (or "community" as some wish to lump it),
just CERTAIN INDIVIDUALS.

You're insulting, rude and immature.

Self-professed gods seem to get that impression! TS. :-)

Tsk, tsk, tsk, "some things seem to write themselves," don't they?

If you're waiting for radio
amateurs to be impressed by your professional credentials, you're likely
going to be disappointed.

Oh, my, judging all others by the things YOU do? :-)

Poor baby, haven't you realized that I am retired? I don't HAVE to
"impress anyone." I did what I did. Now I don't have to take any
BS* from anyone on how "important" THEY are. Neither am I
"impressed" by complex radios or electronic systems, having been
around many such things, some far more complex than any product
of Ten-Tec. If you have one and are amazed by it, be my guest.
Just quit making out How Good You Are Because You Have One.

I got into the whole big entire world of radio because it was very
interesting, a fun job despite some obvious challenges in some
technological areas. It also paid well if a good job was done. I got
paid reasonably well. As TAFKA Rev. Jim once quoted: "It ain't
braggin' if ya done it." I did it.

* abbreviation for Brussel Sprouts, used to avoid any "[expletive
deleted]" quotations by the anal-retentive moralists.

It wasn't a casual, throwaway mention and your newsgroup statements of
the past are here for a long, long time.

Boooooo! Let it HAUNT you forever and ever! :-)

Like I've said many times, feel free to cut and paste everything I ever
wrote from Google archives. Get your own newsgroup if you like.
Will that cure your vindictiveness? I doubt it. You will be angry
anyway. It's your personality.

I haven't changed my mind about you, Len.

Tsk, tsk, tsk, stubborn as they come (you should be sitting in front
of your orion when that happens).

You will NOT ever retract anything you've said, you will rationalize the
beejums out of what you said in order to make you look good to
yourself. Few give a darn. Feel self-triumphant as much as you want.
It's a free country. Except in this newsgroup where one MUST have
an amateur callsign officially bestowed on their cub scout uniforms
or claim they have one while remaining anomalous. :-)

You're a victim of your own inertia and braggadocio.

Nope. Just a Fatal Attraction to balloon-popping of the self-important,
the self-grandiose, the self-proclaimed god-gurus of hum radio. :-)

That's so much fun! :-)

To twist a phrase: If you haven't done it, it
is most certainly bragging. You haven't obtained a license and aren't
likely to do so.

Tsk, tsk, tsk, snarly dave. Still at it. You never learn.

I have obtained licenses (note the plural) in radio. Amateur hasn't
been one of them. That includes station as well as operator.

I may still get a hum license. I may not. Why is that a concern?

I'm still a citizen of the United States of America with all the rights
thereof. No self-important, self-officious SOB* is going to take
those rights away from me. At least one other SOB* tried but
failed (miserably).

Amateur radio is supposed to be a fun recreational activity involving
radio and the radio arts. From the actions of a few who do NOT
adequately represent the "amateur community," it seems to be a
vindictive group of ego-honed Cassius Clay imitators who assume
the invisible mantle of gods of radio. They should get better tailors
and see what happened to Muhammed Ali in later life. A few in
that category think that amateur radio is a "service" like the military
and assume rank and insignia demanding respect (and salutes).
Those should be arrested for impersonating officers. :-)

The ARRL does not adequately represent the "amateur community"
either since their published numbers indicate a decided member-
ship less than a quarter of all licensed U.S. amateurs. They like to
think they control everything but they don't. The more-public access
granted by the Internet has shown the FCC that the ARRL is just a
special interest group and not really that representative.

* SOB: abbreviation for Son Of a Beeper, again for the morally
outraged purists who want to keep everyone pristine and pure like
they claim they are...

Consider yourself stuffed.

It's after supper and I am adequately filled, thank you for your concern.

My wife is a good cook, we have a newly remodeled kitchen, a
comfortable income and life, yet she scolds me for playing with
the seven-year-olds in radio expertise in a newsgroup. She's right.
:-)

Bye.

Have fun with your oriongasms.

LHA / WMD