Old February 7th 04, 07:39 PM
Dave Heil

Len Over 21 wrote:

In article , (N2EY)
writes:

In article , Leo

writes:

in Canada, as we grant full Amateur license privileges upon
request to persons with appropriate Professional license
qualifications.

In the USA, there are almost no professional radio operator licenses
left. There's the GROL and some radiotelegraph licenses, the latter
because Morse operation on ships is still permitted (but no longer
required).

Tsk, tsk, tsk...you should look again. But, that's not "amateur
radio" is it? :-)

An excerpt from Industry Canada's Radio Information Circular follows:

It would seem to me that this makes perfect sense - radio operation is
radio operation,

Is it? Then why all the various endorsements? Is "operating" a TV broadcast
transmitter the same thing as 160 meter RTTY operation? I don't think so.

I don't know of any TV transmitter sending RTTY.

I don't know of any amateur sending live television of 160 meter
wavelength either.

Precisely. By golly, you might be getting the hang of things, Leonard.

They
must be better at it than us unpaid amateurs because they get paid to
do it, right? ;-) ;-) ;-)

Thank you for admitting some truth, however hollow it rings.

Whoosh! Right over your head...

But now here's the big one: do the professional licenses include testing of
the
amateur rules, regulations, and operating practices? USA ones don't.

Why in the world would professional engineer licenses in the USA
have ANYTHING about amateur radio?

Precisely. You ARE getting the hang of it.

Agreed! But at least it still exists.

Yes. Seven year olds can pass it.

Leonard the Fox: "Those grapes are probably sour."

What does that say about your vaunted federal merit badge?

It says that a mere child is one up on you. She has the badge. You
don't.

Dave K8MN