Old February 8th 04, 03:13 AM
Brian Kelly

(N2EY) wrote in message ...
In article ,

(Brian Kelly) writes:

. . . Move over ya newbies, ALLYA, the OF has logged in . .

Hans hasn't played the game yet, tho.

C'mon Hans . . .

b. 05Mar37

Novice ticket, wn3yik some time or another in the 1953-54 timeframe.
16-17 years old. Novice WAS on 80. Most memorable Q: Wire blew down
overnite. I "inductively coupled" my sleeping brother to the ARC-5
output and worked a guy in Pittsburgh mid-morning.

General 10 months later. Give or take. First Q as a General was G5ZK.
On 80 of course.

Extra whenever it was in the late '60s when ya had to pass the stupid
test or get booted outta the dx hot slices. 30-31 years old?

w3rv
CP 30 circa 1955
DXCC mixed #10k & DXCC Phone
WAZ
5BDXCC #142/'72

Also known as the Big Barracuda....

bwaahaahaaa....

CHOMP!

We have another OF RRAPer recently MIA, Dick Carroll wØex. I called
him with the Bell thing a couple weeks ago to find out what's up, got
his answering machine, left my number but have not heard from him. I
think Dick predates me in ham radio.

For a great bio of a *real* OF go to QRZ.com and punch in W3EAN. I got
my first taste of ham radio during a '40s civil defense drill when I
was assigned to him as his Cub Scout message runner while he was
mobiling.

73 de Jim, N2EY

w3rv