Old February 8th 04, 06:31 AM
Larry Roll K3LT

In article , Leo
writes:

An article in today's Toronto Star, which covers our amusement with
the Janet Jackson issue pretty well! Double standards abound......

http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/Con...star/Layout/Ar

ticle_Type1&call_pageid=971358637177&c=Article&cid =1076022610517

Leo:

I don't even have to bother to read it. I'm guessing it says that all of us
hyper-conservative, redneck UhmurriKans are so backwardly non-progressive
in our morality that we're shocked and outraged by the little act put on
during Super Bowl XXXVIII by Jackson and Timberlake. Yada, yada,
yada.

I'm no prude, but I know obscenity when I see it, and that was obscene --
the whole half-time show, not just the Jackson thing. If it were being
shown after 11 PM or on a cable channel, that would be a different
matter, but this was shown on a major network during Prime Time, and
during a high-profile sporting event with a maxxed-out audience, including
young children. If there was anything that was designed to bring our
culture "...one step closer to extinction," this was it. Fortunately, the
negative reaction, while not understood by our ever-so-liberal neighbors
to the North, had the effect of at least getting Janet Jackson booted from
the Grammys, and forced CBS to change the Grammys from a real-time
"live" broadcast to a delayed broadcast, so that any other such
shennanigans can be edited out. Unfortunately, all the dumbed-down
New-Age pop-culture idiots out there will probably buy Janet's new
CD in record numbers, and that was her intention from the beginning.

73 de Larry, K3LT