Old February 8th 04, 06:49 PM
Len Over 21

In article , (N2EY)
writes:

In article , Mike Coslo
writes:

Kid Rock comes out in a desecrated US Flag with a
hole cut in the middle. Pretty

[expletive deleted]

despicable!

I agree 100%.

When the halftime show started I changed the channel. Flipped back at one

point
and saw "Kid", flipped back to something else. Missed JJ - no big loss.

Note that the flap over her "wardrobe malfunction" has deflected attention

from
that flag desecration.

Is this what the
superbowl is about? I can only assume that the NFL approves of this kind
of disrespectful behavior, and if we watch the trash they spew, we do as
well!

You must have missed the Official Oath of Allegiance to the ARRL
given by Dave Sumner at the beginning.

I think it's evidence of a basic law of entertainment physics: "conservation

of
goodstuff".

Did you want BOTH of them exposed? :-)

IOW there's only so much good programming. Some years back,
the superbowl consisted mostly of rather unexciting games but really good

shows
and commercials. Then the games got better and the shows and commercials
worse.

Write the FCC and make Riley take away their amateur radio license!

Get tough!

It's not just the superbowl - most of what's on broadcast TV is JUNK. Pure and
simple. If some people in the LA area are offended - tough.

Right! Old Monty Python shows from the BBC! The only good stuff!

Forget things like the Hallmark Hall series, all [expletive deleteds].
Forget things like Live From Lincoln Center specials, all [more
expletive deleteds]. Forget things like a good American football game
going very, very close to the end, saved by a 41-yard field goal at the
last minute. That's so much [expletive deleted] nonsense.

The irony of the situation is that the people who are really responsible won't
be fined, but the stations who simply carried the network feed will be.

Ah, for the days of Big Bill Allen and angry letters to newspapers!

Write your Division Manager and complain!

Tell them not to feed the SuperBowl to the NTS!

Make all the teams and officials take morse code tests!

Remember, morse code gets through when everything else will.

LHA / WMD