Old February 8th 04, 07:28 PM
Tarmo Tammaru

For something more rugged than a TV rotator, get the Yaesu model ( G400 ?)
that sells for about $240. Anything bigger is probably gross overkill. Check
out www.hamradio..com , www.aesham.com , and www.texastowers.com . A side
benefit you get with the Yaesu is a real control box, not a clacker. You
might be able to find one used. Also, same for an Alliance HD73.

Tam/WB2TT
"Eric" wrote in message
om...
OK I know this isnt the TV antenna forum, however I believe you all
had better knowledge then the average "TV antenna" person. Anyway,
I'm looking for a rotator that will not shift in the wind, I have a 3
stack antenna, mounted approx 25 feet in the air. There is a
dedicated FM wineguard antenna at the top, a large dish style UHF only
antenna beneath it and a dedicated VHF only channel master beneath
that. My problem now is the antenna shifts in the wind. There is an
older Channel Master rotator on there now. From what I've read it does
not have any mechanical brakes.

The rotator is located about midway on the "base support pole" which
is supported by the chimney of the house, mounted in concrete, and has
3 guy wires attached to the top. So for a good 10 feet or so, the 2
masts run side by side.

I thought about the Channel Master model that is remote controlled,
however I dont know if it has the brakes either. I need one that will
hold its position. Any help would be great.