Old February 11th 04, 12:15 AM
Mike Coslo

Dee D. Flint wrote:
"Leo" wrote in message

On 10 Feb 2004 09:52:50 -0800, (N2EY) wrote:

snip

Without the ARRL, do you think we'd still have amateur radio? I don't.

Um, the rest of the planet does not have the ARRL, and amateur radio
is still going strong there.....

snip

73 de Jim, N2EY

73, Leo

Without the ARRL, US amateur radio would have remained permanently closed
after World War I. The other countries did not have enough amateurs to
justify keeping the frequencies and it is highly probably that they would
have all gone to commercial interests. Everyone wanted the shortwave
frequencies at that time and without the US, the foreign amateurs would not
have had enough leverage to have held on to the spectrum.

Doggone it Dee! Your factual post is going to ruin another anti-US rant!

8^)

FWIW, I'm really disapointed in thoes two. 8^(

- Mike KB3EIA -