Old February 8th 04, 09:30 PM
Tdonaly

Tdonaly wrote:
Cecil says there's a taper but he doesn't

Cecil wrote,
attempt to say how much.

It is what it is, Tom, and can be measured.

Yuri thinks it's a lot. Cecil seems to agree
with him, but neither fellow has been willing to back his theory with a
$$$$ NEW $$$ [{### IMPROVED ###}] mobile antenna.

Your observation is accurate but irrelevant. I'm not interested in an
improved antenna since I already improved it many years ago and equaled
the top performers in the shootout with an essentially costless junk box
antenna. My main thrust here at the moment is to set the technical record
straight and BBQ one of ham radio's sacred cows represented by W8JI's
following assertion:

"If you look at HOW an inductor works, the current flowing in one

terminal
ALWAYS equals the current flowing out the other terminal."

So do you agree with Tom or with me since Tom's own measurements proved
him wrong?
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp

Tom would be right if he were only talking in network-theoretical terms.
Since he makes
his coils for maximum Q, his coils may be small enough for him to make that
assertion. I don't know. I've never seen a Tom Rauch coil.
Since you're not too slick in the electromagnetics department, yourself, you
shouldn't
be throwing stones at Tom. When, and if, you can ever demonstrate a knowledge
of
even the most basic ideas of electromagnetic theory, then maybe you and I can
find
something to agree on.
73,
Tom Donaly, KA6RUH