Old February 8th 04, 11:23 PM
Cecil Moore

Richard Fry wrote:

"Someone probably rejected relativity and said, 'How much
effect does the orbit of Mercury have on the people of earth?' "

The word "effect," (result, consequence) is a noun. "Affect" is a verb (to
act upon, to change or to cause a change), and, probably the appropriate
word for the context of your post.

Nope, I said exactly what I intended to say. Before relativity, the prediction
for the orbit of Mercury contained an error. How much effect did that error
have on the people of earth?

Perhaps the use of correct English would reduce reader confusion?

Perhaps you had better review your rules of English. "Effect" was used
properly as a noun.
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp